The Department of Education and Skills is a department of the Irish state with responsibility for education and training.
The mission of the Department is to provide high-quality education, which will
- Enable individuals to achieve their full potential and to participate fully as members of society, and
- Contribute to Ireland's social, cultural and economic development.
In pursuit of this mission, the Department has the following high-level goals:
- To promote equity and inclusion
- To promote quality outcomes
- To promote lifelong learning
- To plan for education that is relevant to personal, social, cultural and economic need
- To enhance the capacity of the Department of Education and Skills for service delivery, policy formulation, research and evaluation.
In support of these high-level goals, the Department is engaged in a wide range of activities covering the key elements of policy planning, quality assurance, resourcing, regulation and evaluation, as well as providing a broad range of support services for the education sector.
For more information go to www.education.ie