Cordis Corporation is a Johnson & Johnson company, headquartered in Bridgewater, New Jersey in the USA. The company is in operation for 50 years and is recognised as a pioneer in the treatment of vascular disease. Cordis is the world leader in the development and manufacture of stents, catheters and guidewires for interventional medicine.
Cordis is also known for its work in the areas of computer-based imaging and electrophysiology (the science of the electrical properties of cells and tissues).
Cordis employs some 5,000 people worldwide across the following business units:
- Cordis Cardiology - cardiovascular disease management.
- Cordis Endovascular - peripheral vascular and biliary obstructive diseases.
- Conor Medsystems LLC - controlled vascular drug delivery technologies.
- Biosense Webster, Inc. - electrophysiology and medical sensor technology.
- Cordis Biologics Delivery Systems Group - emerging field of biologics (medicinal products created by biological rather than chemical processes).
Cordis in Cashel
Cashel, in County Tipperary, is the Irish home of the Cordis development laboratory and commercial manufacturing facility. This newly constructed facility is currently in manufacturing scale up and will produce innovative products for the world wide market. Currently, over 100 people are employed there with potential for future growth. The innovative NEVOTM Stent will be the first product developed and manufactured in Cashel.
You can find out more about the work of Cordis on on www.cordis.com